** Tags added: cscc

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem in Ubuntu.

  the machine of lenovo M715 with the AMD GPU (Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, rev
  ca, 1002:15dd) often hangs randomly

Status in HWE Next:
Status in linux-oem package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-oem source package in Bionic:

  On the machine of Lenovo M715, there is an AMD GPU (1022:15dd rev ca), when it
  switchs to amdgpufb, the system will hang randomlly, sometimes it hangs during
  boot, reboot or poweroff, sometimes it hangs with longtime standby.

  [Fix]
  Through bisecting, I found this patch can fix the problem, looks like without
  this patch the ATOM BIOS can't be parsed correctlly.

  [Test Case]
  Did the test of "boot, reboot and poweroff" 5 times, worked very well.
  Let the system standby over one night, worked very well.

  [Regression Potential]
  Very low, I tested this patch on at least 6 differnt lenovo machines
  and those machines have different AMD GPUs on them, all of them worked
  as well as before.