OK, so this is annoying.

The background behind the report I made on 2018-07-03 (message #47) is
that I have had a Mint install on a desktop computer (fairly old
hardware) and that at some point I started to switch over to the Dell
Latitude E6400 laptop that I mentioned (just swap the hard drive, an
ssd). This just worked. This is something that didn't use to just work
with Linux many years ago and I was pleased that it now does.

At some point, it developed this high cpu use issue (I believe this
happened upon the switch to Mint 19 but earlier is possible since my
noticing this would depend on how often I tried using the hard drive
with the Mint install in the Dell laptop which at this point may not
have been that often).

I applied one fix mentioned here & the issue went away (although it
broke Bluetooth). I forgot about it for a while.

At some point, I created a full separate install on a USB flash drive
just to have an install to play with because I needed something Ubuntu
based (Mint being close enough for my purposes) —though I did choose to
go with Mate instead of Cinnamon (which is what I have on my main
install). Of course, I had the same issue again. I went back to this
thread to refresh my memory about fixing the issue and noticed the
slightly better fix for the issue mentioned in message #70. The fix
worked and I was glad to find that Bluetooth works.

So now came the time when I decided I will be using my main install from
my desktop in my laptop again for a period of time and I am surprised to
find that when it boots I am greeted with a message advising me that
it's "Running in software rendering mode" and that I should expect high
cpu use. Then I notice that I'm again having high cpu use even for
running in rendering mode (from ~45%-100% —and maybe going closer to
100% over time?).

Investigating this leads me,... right back to here. The issue with the
'/97-hid2hci.rules' is gone (having also applied the fis from message
#70 on this install) but now I seem to have the same issue as what
Gaétan QUENTIN writes about on this thread on message #7 on the date of
2018-05-02.

I attempted the fix from #9 and it did not work. I then attempted the
fix from #50 and it got rid of the repeating Nvidia messages mentioned
in #7 when executing 'sudo /lib/systemd/systemd-udevd -D'. However, the
message "Running in software rendering mode" and cpu use may have gone
down slightly but is still extremely high. I don't know how to get rid
of this. My inclination was to go to the Driver manager to try to enable
the recommended nvidia-340 binary driver but my only allowed choice is
'Continue using a manually installed driver' (the other options, the
NVIDIA binary driver and the Nouveau driver are greyed out and not
selectable).

Keep in mind that I did not have the issue with previous Mint versions
and keep in mind that, after applying the fix described in message #70,
a different install of the same Mint version number on the exact same
hardware does not have this problem (however, the difference could be
that this other install is using Mate).

Packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  systemd-udevd consumes 100% of CPU

Status in linux:
  Confirmed
Status in The Ubuntu Power Consumption Project:
  New
Status in bluez package in Ubuntu:
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  The systemd-udevd proccess consumes 100% of a thread everytime, but
  i'm not noticing any difference in my computer.

  Package: systemd 237-3ubuntu6
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu Mar 29 08:52:54 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Alpha amd64 (20180304)
  MachineType: Dell Inc. Inspiron N5010
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-13-generic
root=UUID=3c29e292-f1ae-45e1-a0ed-a82524278ce1 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=1
  SourcePackage: systemd
  SystemdDelta:
   [EXTENDED]   /lib/systemd/system/rc-local.service →
/lib/systemd/system/rc-local.service.d/debian.conf
   [EXTENDED]   /lib/systemd/system/user@.service →
/lib/systemd/system/user@.service.d/timeout.conf

   2 overridden configuration files found.
  dmi.bios.date: 01/25/2011
  dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: A12
  dmi.board.name: 08R0GW
  dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.board.version: A12
  dmi.chassis.type: 8
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.chassis.version: A12
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnDellInc.:bvrA12:bd01/25/2011:svnDellInc.:pnInspironN5010:pvrA12:rvnDellInc.:rn08R0GW:rvrA12:cvnDellInc.:ct8:cvrA12:
  dmi.product.name: Inspiron N5010
  dmi.product.version: A12
  dmi.sys.vendor: Dell Inc.