Public bug reported:

I'm having issues that are difficult to describe. I also can't reproduce
them. At points I will get a browser that has all thumbnails for
bookmarks gone and passwords get really wonky. I also get the browser to
appear, but there is no dot in the bar with tagged apps. If I press it a
new window opens. Doing ALT-F2->r fixes it. (This might be a different
bug) Closing the browser and reopening it opens "saved" tabs from a
previous session just before the bug happens. I'm using the restore tabs
feature a lot. Thanks.

Ubuntu 19.04
Chromium Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) snap (64-bit)

  Chromium snap duplication wonkiness