I just updated updated 18.04 to kernel 5.0.0-25-generic and still no
wifi.

  realtek r8822be kernel module fails after update to linux kernel-
  headers 5.0.0-21

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  On July 24th I upgraded to the latest linux-headers-5.0.0-21 as part
  of the dist-upgrade for latest packages in Disco Dingo 19.04. I didn't
  notice that wifi was no longer working because at work I exclusively
  use a wired Ethernet connection.

  Today, however, when I tried to use my realtek r8822be wireless card,
  I discovered that it was totally unresponsive and did not work with
  wpa_supplicant / wpa_cli even when invoked manually from the command
  line (let alone with NetworkManager). When the problem occurred, I was
  using 19.04's latest kernel 5.0.0-21.

  I then rebooted and selected kernel 5.0.0-20 from GRUB menu. "uname
  -a" shows that I am using the previous kernel version:

  Linux pj 5.0.0-20-generic #21-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jun 24 09:32:09 UTC 2019
  x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  With this kernel version as well as linux-headers-5.0.0.20, linux-
  headers-5.0.0-20-generic, my realtek wireless card works fine. While
  booted into 5.0.0-20 kernel, here are the realtek kernel modules that
  are loaded:

  # lsmod | grep r8
  r8822be               692224  0
  mac80211              806912  1 r8822be
  cfg80211              671744  2 mac80211,r8822be
  r8169                  81920  0

  Hopefully this realtek wireless regression can get fixed in the next
  minor kernel version. Let me know if you need any more information.

  Best Regards,
  Jun