@Srinivas
It doesn't look too good on thermald 1.9 until dptfxtract is used.

* Result of thermald 1.9 only:
-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sSZe2gqfM8NWqaDyUfXx-Q2iGUkKvrREjJsobHfIZiQ/edit#gid=980670338

* Result of thermald 1.9 + dptfxtract 1.4.2:
-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sSZe2gqfM8NWqaDyUfXx-Q2iGUkKvrREjJsobHfIZiQ/edit#gid=1205697583

Packages, which is subscribed to thermald in Ubuntu.

  Thermald does not set max CPU after reseting the voltage using RAPL

Status in thermald package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in thermald source package in Bionic:

  Hi,

  I was using Ubuntu 18.10 thermald package, but I noted that, after few
  seconds at max CPU usage (max temp), thermald send the signal to RALP
  to reduce the voltage of the CPU. It set the freq to minimum (800MHz
  in my case). But when the CPU is idle and temp is lowered (35-40ºC) it
  did not send the signal to resume normal operation of the CPU.

  I compiled the latest version of thermald from git
  (https://github.com/intel/thermal_daemon) and now everything works
  fine.

  I started to thought that the problem was the hardware or BIOS
  problem, as I disabled the CPU scaling on the BIOS, but intel_pstate
  continued doing freq scaling (I think for Turbo mode).

  But the real problem was Thermald. The latest version from git works
  really fine and it automatically disables and enable the Intel Turbo
  state and balance the freqs and fan control fine.

  My hardware is a Lenovo Thinkpad P52 with i7-8850H.

  I tested it using Ubuntu kernel and Kernel 4.20 optimized for i7
  processor but with Ubuntu default config (except processor
  family="Core2/newer Xeon", Preemption Model="Preemptible Kernel (Low-
  Latency Desktop)" and Timer frequency="1000HZ". (Only changed those
  settings from make oldconfig and make deb-pkg).

  Package: thermald (not installed)
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu13.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Jan 14 23:45:01 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.3)
  SourcePackage: thermald

  SRU Justification
  ==============

  [Impact]
   * As described by the original bug reporter, CPU usage of Lenovo P52 is
sub-optimal under heavy load.
   * My observation is the machine exhibits a sharp drop of power usage and CPU
frequency and takes time to slowly ramp up again (refer to the chart at
https://bit.ly/2OJphB8)
   * Fixed by bisecting and backporting fixes from thermald project.

  [Test Case]
   * One can stress the CPU load of the machine and collect the CPU frequency
and power usage over time to check for any anamoly. The script at
https://people.canonical.com/~ypwong/p52_test_cpu.sh can help with this.
   * With the fix, the behaviour should be like this: https://bit.ly/2KA9EXB, a
consistent power usage can be maintained.

  [Regression Potential]
   * Medium. The fix consists of 7 commits cherry-picked from upstream, these
changes will affect any machines using RAPL cooling device. The impact may not
be obvious in normal daily usage but will be manifested during heavy load,
suggest a longer verification period so that more people can discover any
adverse effect.