The bionic SRU test message occurred because I accidentally uploaded the
package with the entire old history.  This bug has already been fixed
and the verification for bionic can be ignored.

** Changed in: thermald (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Tags removed: verification-needed verification-needed-bionic

** No longer affects: thermald (Ubuntu Bionic)

Packages, which is subscribed to thermald in Ubuntu.

  System hangs when thermald is running

Status in thermald package in Ubuntu:

  While testing uptopic, my system has been hanging.I have not direct
  proof that it is thermald, except that I noticed the hangs occured
  whent he CPU temperature rises about 45C.  After doing some research I
  found thermald being enabled was new in uptopic so I decided to stop
  it from launching and the hangs stopped.  Also I noticed the thermald
  log was the last log being written to before the hang even  though
  there doesn't appear to be any unusual details.

  As per the Wiki I launched thermald manually with the debug logging
  enabled (see attached).

  I have had issue in the pass witht he Kernel causing system hangs when
  it tried to take adavantage of certaion BIOS features (My BIOS is
  fully patched).

  Package: thermald 1.3-3
  ApportVersion: 2.14.7-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Sun Sep  7 09:29:49 2014
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: thermald
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to utopic on 2014-06-03 (96 days ago)
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.14.7-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.10
  Package: thermald 1.3-3
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  Tags:  utopic
  Uname: Linux 3.16.0-14-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to utopic on 2014-06-03 (97 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout dip fax floppy fuse lp lpadmin plugdev
sudo tape users video
  _MarkForUpload: True