** Tags added: originate-from-1840400

  reboot will introduce an alarm 'beep ...' during BIOS phase

Status in HWE Next:

  Since this fix is still in the maintainer's tree, I add the UBUNTU: SAUCE:
  prefix in the patch title.

  And this patchset is fixing a bug in the oem project, so please merge the
  patchset to OEM-B asap.

  [Impact]
  We often hear the Beep noise when a couple of LENOVO laptops reboot, the
  reproduce rate is about 3/10.

  [Fix]
  make the codec enter D3 before rebooting or poweroff, this can fix the issue.

  [Test Case]
  Tested on those LENOVO latpops, reboot 50 times, didn't reproduce the
  noise issue.

  [Regression Risk]
  Low. We tested this patch on different lenovo and dell laptops, they
  all worked well as bfore.