Public bug reported:

With time going on, more an more minor flaws are occuring in GNOME:

* mouse movements often are very laggy
* mouse pointer gets under active windows
* system gets stuck for several system
* control for gnome-search is grayed out, so search can no longer be configured.

It does not make much sense to repair each of these petitesses with
outdated GNOME 3.28 - but if you take the idea of LTS serious, it is
necessary to update GNOME. I won't update to 18.10, because that was a
really bad experience last time - so many apps got dysfunctional.

** Affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bionic

** Package changed: nvidia-graphics-drivers-384 (Ubuntu) => gnome-shell
(Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  With time going on, more an more minor flaws are occuring in GNOME:

  * mouse movements often are very laggy
  * mouse pointer gets under active windows
  * system gets stuck for several system
  * control for gnome-search is grayed out, so search can no longer be
configured.

- I does not make much sense to repair each of these pettitesses with
+ It does not make much sense to repair each of these petitesses with
  outdated GNOME 3.28 - but if you take the idea of LTS serious, it is
  necessary to update GNOME. I won't update to 18.10, because that was a
  really bad experience last time - so many apps got dysfunctional.

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-384 in Ubuntu.

  bionic: GNOME needs update to 3.30

  Opinion

Bug description: