carlosv, thank you for your comment. So your hardware may be tracked, could you
please file a new report by executing the following in a terminal while booted
into a Ubuntu repository kernel (not a mainline one) via:
ubuntu-bug linux

For more on this, please read the official Ubuntu documentation:
Ubuntu Bug Control and Ubuntu Bug Squad:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/BestPractices#X.2BAC8-Reporting.Focus_on_One_Issue
Ubuntu Kernel Team:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/KernelTeamBugPolicies#Filing_Kernel_Bug_reports
Ubuntu Community:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Bug_reporting_etiquette

When opening up the new report, please feel free to subscribe me to it.

Thank you for your understanding.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Rotate button doesn't work on HP TM2 laptop

Status in The Linux Kernel:
  Confirmed
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  Rotate button on side of HP TM2 screen doesn't work.

  Discussions I have seen cite that acpi_listen doesn't report anything
  when the button is pressed

  However I noticed in syslog that HP WMI reports a keypress for 2169