Public bug reported:

I am running Openstack Ansible Rocky 18.1.8 on Ubuntu 18.04 nodes. I use
PCI-passthrough (IOMMU vfio) on GTX1080Tis and and RTX2080Tis. The 1080s
work fine, but 2080 instances take anywhere from 3 minutes to over 3
hours to start with qemu/KVM and the amount of time varies randomly,
with the averaging being around 1.5hrs. I tried upgrading the kernel to
5.0.0 and it did not fix the issue. Downgrading the GPU hosts to Ubuntu
16.04 fixed the issue, they now start in 30 seconds or less. Sorry, but
I do not have any logs. I couldn't find any errors in any system logs
including enabling debugging on libvirtd.

  PCI-passthrough instance creation problem RTX2080Ti