BTW - Thanks for the work on this Rafael!

  Bionic QEMU with Bionic Kernel hangs in AMD FX-8350 with cpu-host as
  passthrough

Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  In Progress

   * Nested AMD KVM guest does not work in AMD CPUs when using host-passthrough
as cpu-mode.
   * QEMU does not start, hanging before the VM initialization.

  [Test Case]

   * Bionic KVM GUEST tries to use nested KVM in AMD CPU
   * to use the following XML file: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/BSyFY7ksR5/
   * to have AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor CPU or similar
   * to use Xenial qemu on top of a HWE kernel -> works

  [Regression Potential]

   * KVM SVM could be affected but patch is from upstream, fixes the
  specific issue and has been tested by me in my currently developing
  workstation (heavy usage).

  [Other Info]

   * Patches have been sent to kernel team mailing list.