The crucial point isn't about the DCAPS changes.  Rather other points, e.g.
setting the non-cache mode *in addition* to the DCAPS changes, trying with
different formats, rates, period/buffer sizes on the modified setup, etc.
And all these combos.

Basically, adding putting DCAPS* flags don't make sense because some of
them are mutual exclusive.  Rather what I asked is to test to enable
each DCAPS_* one by one.  But this test doesn't look so promising, so
it'd be needed only to make sure for now.

Also, position_fix and bdl_pos_adj are another interesting parameters.
The test patch recently provided was based on the information about the
position_fix matters...

Above all, the primary tests must be done via aplay/arecord with -Dhw
option, not with PulseAudio.

***

What we need to know at this point is whether the problem happens at
transferring the data itself, the update timing problem, or some problem
in the codec side.

The common problems in the past are mostly the first two items: the
first one is usually influenced by the memory cache coherency, and the
second one is the LPIB reporting / position buffer instability or the
FIFO size management.  Both might be mixed together, too.

I mentioned to test with aplay/arecord because PA is very sensible
especially about the second (timing) problem.  If aplay/arecord -Dhw
with a large buffer and period works, it implies that the data transfer
itself is fine, for example.

So, we still need to gather the facts.  For that, the precise
information about *what* you tested is important.  "I tested all"
doesn't give you any clue, after all ;)

  Microphone distorted sound on ALC892/1220 on AMD chipsets

Status in Linux:
  Won't Fix
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Not sure if I'll report this upstream but there is definitely an issue
  with microphone recording on my desktop, this is not happening on my
  laptop which has a different codec.

  Already tried all workarounds possible, no luck. Only with my desktop
  with this particular motherboard. No issues in Windows, the sound
  recorded in there is distorted and has some static and robotic tone on
  high-pitch.

  alsa-info on the attachments