i'm setting this as invalid for linux-aws, as this certainly seems like
a sed bug.

** Also affects: sed (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux-aws (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-aws in Ubuntu.

  kernel version 4.4.0-1090-aws docker file system issue

Status in linux-aws package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in sed package in Ubuntu:

  When using kernel version 4.4.0-1090-aws
  if you have running container and you do sed on some files then you cannot
access them inside the container any more

  we use the nginx image and we can reproduce it everytime

  in the container we have chown and then sed commands on some nginx.conf files
  after the sed we are getting persmission denied inside the container even
that we use root.