osprober complaining about ZFS is a known issue. I don’t know if I
bothered to file a bug report, so this will probably be the report for
that.

Side question: where did you find an installer image with ZFS support? I
tried the daily yesterday but I had no ZFS option.

** Changed in: zfs-linux (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- Error during update ZFS installation and during update-grub
+ osprober prints errors about ZFS partitions

Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.

  osprober prints errors about ZFS partitions

Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:

  It is probably a minor problem. I did run an upgrade of my official ZFS
installation in a VM.
  It did produce an error:

  device-mapper: reload ioctl on osprober-linux-sdb6  failed: Device or
resource busy
  Command failed.

  I have a dual boot so afterwards I did boot from ext4 and did run
  update-grub and that did report the same error.

  See attachment, first lines the update-grub and the lines afterwards
  the last part of the zfs apt upgrade.

  I could boot the systems afterwards and Linux 5.3.0-17 were loaded.