** Attachment added: "Output of "lspci -vnvn""

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1847917/+attachment/5296820/+files/lspci-vnvn.log

  WiFI keeps dropping packets (rtl8187b)

  I'm running a TOSHIBA A205 laptop, with Ubuntu 18.04, x64 version. For
  some reason, I can only stay connected to WiFI for a a few minutes
  before the computer starts randomly dropping packets.

  Since the driver version is always the same as the kernel version, I'm
  blaming this on the kernel. This bug has only been plaguing me for two
  days (I've been running Ubuntu on this machine for about five years),
  so I'm it's also possible that some recent update or another is to
  blame.

  lshw doesn't say much about my adapter, but I know it uses the rtl8187
  kernel module. There's a sticker on the bottom of the machine with
  mentions the adapter as being a rtl8187b device (emphasis on the "b"
  at the end, as that's the chipset revision).

  I've experienced this bug with Linux versions 4.15.0-65-generic and
  5.0.0-31-generic.

  Also, this bug only affects this particular computer. Other systems on
  my network don't seem to be affected, so I'm guessing this is not a
  router/switch issue.

  PS: I've had the same issues with a Netgear WG111v2 USB adaptor. I
  though I'd mention it, since it also uses revision b of the rtl8187
  chipset. However, this as been an issue with this USB adapter for
  years, whereas the laptop's adapter only started showing the same
  issue yesterday.