@Kamal yes this seems to fix it.  I was able to run my device stress
test for over 15 minutes.  With the bug I was lucky if I could make it
15 seconds.

  UIO: mutex used in interrupt handler causes crash

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Running:
  Bionic Beaver
  Ubuntu 4.15.0-62.69-generic 4.15.18

  Problem since: Ubuntu-4.15.0-59.66

  In commit 725bbc87 on 2/13/2019 in uio.c a mutex_lock was added to
  uio_interrupt.  This results in a "scheduling while atomic" error if
  someone else owns the mutex at the time it is invoked.

  The following commit in the kernel mainline appears to fix this issue:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=3d27c4de8d4fb2d4099ff324671792aa2578c6f9