kern.log when the bug triggers

** Attachment added: "kern.log when bug triggers"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1851470/+attachment/5303216/+files/kern.log-cephfs-5.0.0-32.bug

  cephfs mounts hangs machine when written to

  As reported on the ceph-users mailing list, the latest HWE kernel for
  ubuntu 18.04 (and the current kernel for disco 19.04) has a problem
  with cephfs mounts when you write to it. (kernel version 5.0.0-32)

  We are using cephfs to write backups to with amanda (virtual tapes)
  and the backups started failing when the virtual machine was running
  this version of the kernel.

  As it is the latest kernel version and we like to keep up with
  updates, we have trouble uninstalling the latest kernel version,
  because then we also need to uninstall the package that depends on the
  latest hwe kernel.

  https://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-users@ceph.io/msg00940.html
  downgrading to (or booting) 5.0.0-31 helps:
  https://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-users@ceph.io/msg00941.html

  The problem seems to be this backported patch:
  "ceph: use ceph_evict_inode to cleanup inode's resource"

  The severity is high when using cephfs mounted while running this
  kernel, the file system is unusable.