Public bug reported:

There's an issue with bonding driver in the current ubuntu kernels.
Sometimes one link stuck in a weird state.
It was fixed with patch https://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg609506.html in
upstream.
Commit 1899bb325149e481de31a4f32b59ea6f24e176ea.

We see this bug with linux 4.15 (ubuntu xenial, hwe kernel), but it
should be reproducible with other current kernel versions.

  Backport: bonding: fix state transition issue in link monitoring