apport information

** Attachment added: "ProcInterrupts.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1082418/+attachment/3939210/+files/ProcInterrupts.txt

  Ubuntu UEFI install locks out UEFI firmware (~bios) access

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  lsb_release -rd
  Release:      12.10

  apt-cache policy grub-efi-amd64
  grub-efi-amd64:
    Installed: 2.00-7ubuntu11
    Candidate: 2.00-7ubuntu11

  Pheonix Secure Core Tiano bios version 1.09

  New laptop Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Windows 7 preinstalled. All
  functions worked normally when running Win7. Ubuntu 12.10 installed
  using whole disk. Installation successful Ubuntu boots and runs
  normally, however all access to the bios has now been lost. Pressing
  the default key (f2) during boot up is acknowledged by bios beep, but
  ignored and Ubuntu continues booting. In addition the 'boot choices'
  menu (f12) contains nothing but Ubuntu making it impossible to boot
  from USB or CD/DVD.

  The latter (f12) problem was overcome by opening up the machine,
  removing the ram and shorting the cl1/cl2 posts with a screwdriver.
  This restores the ability to boot from USB/CD by pressing f12 but does
  not restore bios access.

  The following recovery actions have been tried.
  1) Install Boot-Repair, run repair, no change occurred. Boot repair report
here:
  http://paste.ubuntu.com/1375041/

  2) Restore Windows from Clonezilla disk image (factory settings) -
  result - bios access is no longer possible from windows either, f2 now
  launches the Windows boot menu.

  3) Update all drivers using Fujitsu driver update tool from within
  windows (which included a bios update). Result - no change, no bios.

  4) Restored Ubuntu from Clonezilla disk image - no change.

  5) Added second distro to disk. Installed successfully (uefi mode as
  that is all I have) no change to bios access.

  So overall result I have lost all bios access even from a reinstalled
  Windows. I repeat that bios access was perfectly normal before
  installing Ubuntu.

  I strongly suggest you read the contents of this thread in addition to
  the information here:

  Package: grub-efi 2.00-7ubuntu11
  ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu6
  Architecture: amd64