Public bug reported:

I installed ZFS using the 19.10 installer and ran into some severe load
caused by /etc/zfs/zed.d/history_event-zfs-list-cacher.sh

Microk8s, due to the way containerd manages container filesystems,
causes numerous zevents and can easily overwhelm the above script.

I filed a ticket and partial fix to ZOL team, however in response
Richard Elling recommended not using that feature.

* "it is not core to zfs operation, it is an attempt at optimization that few
people know about, and even fewer use"
* "zed is allowed to drop events under load, so it might not be called and
therefore the cache cannot be authoritative"

https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/9584

I'm providing this feedback to you so you can make changes to the Ubuntu
installer to not enable this zfs feature.

Package: zfs-zed 0.8.1-1ubuntu14 [modified:
usr/lib/zfs-linux/zed.d/history_event-zfs-list-cacher.sh]
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon
znvpair
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8.2
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: GNOME
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64 (20191017)
SourcePackage: zfs-linux

** Affects: zfs-linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug eoan

Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.

  ZFS Severe Performance issue due to poorly supported feature

Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu: