Hello @Bjorn, we're trying to determine if we have a regression with
this bug, could you please try and get back to us ASAP on the questions
that khaled has asked for follow up on.  Thanks

  Dell PowerEdge R630 won't boot with 4.4.0-168.197 and later

Status in linux source package in Xenial:

  One of our Dell R630 machines in our CI environment won't boot with
  the 4.4.0-168.197 kernel in xenial.

  I've confirmed that it does boot with 4.4.0-166.195, but it won't boot
  with neither 4.4.0-168.197 nor 4.4.0-169.198. I haven't tried with
  4.4.0-167.196, but I'll see if I can try with that one as well.

  I can't give any error message. I first saw this when PXE booting the
  machine. I can see that it downloads the kernel and initrd, but then
  the machine just reboots.

  I also tried installing xenial on the machine, and the same happens
  with grub. No output in the console after selecting the kernel in the
  grub menu, it just reboots.

  I'm attaching the lshw outputs for the two Dell machines we have.
  natasha is the one that isn't working, while opelt works.

  The machine is in our CI lab, and we can provide you access to it for
  more debugging.