So I suspect you are using a hwe-edge version of the kernel that had
another problem related to module signing.

What is the output of the following command?

dpkg -s linux-image-5.3.0-23-generic | grep Version

Thanks.
Cascardo.

  Kernels 5.022 or higher booting issues

  I tried both kernels (5.022 and 5.023) but my new laptop (Asus zenbook
  14) cannot boot and had to return to kernel 5.019. The error it gives
  was something of the following: "boot - ALERT! ...uuid... does not
  exit! Dropping to shell."

  I am using Linux Mint as a distro.