After updating from 18.04 to 19.10, the entire system will freeze and
eventually recover with many dmesg errors with backtraces and all sorts
of errors around the iwlwifi module.  I eventually restored to an 18.04
backup, but not before logging a lot of information and also validating
that it reproduces with the 19.10 "Try Ubuntu" from the iso, so it
certainly isn't an artifact of the upgrade (although ubuntu-drivers does
appear a bit confused about iwlwifi when I did an upgrade, but that
appears to be unrelated).

It is worth noting that I also use the bluetooth module in this card,
but it is connected via a cable to an internal USB 2 header to the
system board and I believe it uses another driver entirely.

I have additional external drives I can install test bed systems on to
test fixes if need be, but it is worth noting that this is rock solid on
18.04.3 and the issue will reproduce within 15 minutes of watching
youtube videos on 19.10.

DMESG output from start of issues is attached.

Wayne

** Tags: bot-comment
--
Intel AC 9260 (iwlwifi) completely unstable and halts cores in 19.10
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1855637