@Wayne, I believe this can be fixed in
https://launchpad.net/~vicamo/+archive/ubuntu/ppa-1855825, which should
be landed soon into Eoan/Focal if you prefer a DKMS based solution. It
would take some more time to fix generic kernel in Eoan.

  Intel AC 9260 (iwlwifi) completely unstable and halts cores in 19.10

  After updating from 18.04 to 19.10, the entire system will freeze and
  eventually recover with many dmesg errors with backtraces and all
  sorts of errors around the iwlwifi module.  I eventually restored to
  an 18.04 backup, but not before logging a lot of information and also
  validating that it reproduces with the 19.10 "Try Ubuntu" from the
  iso, so it certainly isn't an artifact of the upgrade (although
  ubuntu-drivers does appear a bit confused about iwlwifi when I did an
  upgrade, but that appears to be unrelated).

  It is worth noting that I also use the bluetooth module in this card,
  but it is connected via a cable to an internal USB 2 header to the
  system board and I believe it uses another driver entirely.

  I have additional external drives I can install test bed systems on to
  test fixes if need be, but it is worth noting that this is rock solid
  on 18.04.3 and the issue will reproduce within 15 minutes of watching
  youtube videos on 19.10.

  DMESG output from start of issues is attached.

  Wayne
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64 (20191017)
  MachineType: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z97-HD3
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcFB: 0 nouveaudrmfb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.3.0-24-generic
root=UUID=24f8119c-dff3-46da-9242-15c3b9c76355 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-5.3.0-24-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-5.3.0-24-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                            1.183.2
  Tags:  eoan
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 07/31/2015
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: F9
  dmi.board.asset.tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.board.name: Z97-HD3
  dmi.board.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
  dmi.board.version: x.x
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
  dmi.chassis.version: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrF9:bd07/31/2015:svnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:pnZ97-HD3:pvrTobefilledbyO.E.M.:rvnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:rnZ97-HD3:rvrx.x:cvnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:ct3:cvrToBeFilledByO.E.M.:
  dmi.product.family: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.product.name: Z97-HD3
  dmi.product.sku: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.product.version: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.sys.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.