Cool, many thx Manoj!

  Fixup tlbie vs store ordering issue on POWER9

Status in The Ubuntu-power-systems project:
Status in linux source package in Eoan:

  == Comment: #0 - Michael Ranweiler  - 2019-10-07 01:52:38 ==
  On POWER9, under some circumstances, a broadcast TLB invalidation will fail
to invalidate the ERAT cache on some threads when there are parallel
mtpidr/mtlpidr happening on other threads of the same core.  This can cause
stores to continue to go to a page after it's unmapped.

  The workaround is to force an ERAT flush using PID=0 or LPID=0 tlbie
  flush. This additional TLB flush will cause the ERAT cache
  invalidation. Since we are using PID=0 or LPID=0, we don't get
  filtered out by the TLB snoop filtering logic.

  We need to still follow this up with another tlbie to take care of
  store vs tlbie ordering issue explained in commit: a5d4b5891c2f
  ("powerpc/mm: Fixup tlbie vs store ordering issue on POWER9"). The
  presence of ERAT cache implies we can still get new stores and they
  may miss store queue marking flush.

  The upstream git commits to resolve the problem:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/powerpc/linux.git/commit/?h=fixes&id=677733e296b5c7a37c47da391fc70a43dc40bd67

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/powerpc/linux.git/commit/?h=fixes&id=09ce98cacd51fcd0fa0af2f79d1e1d3192f4cbb0

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/powerpc/linux.git/commit/?h=fixes&id=047e6575aec71d75b765c22111820c4776cd1c43