This failure occurs in the cloud, on amazon aws, it can be reproduced on
c4/c5.large abd c5.metal

where it passes on c5n.xlarge / i3.metal m3.large m4.large.

I will try the suggested steps above on one of the affected flavor types
and see if we can get to the bottom of this.

** Changed in: ubuntu-kernel-tests
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Sean Feole (sfeole)

** Tags added: sqa

  ltp-syscalls: msgstress03 fails because systemd limits number of
  processes

Status in ubuntu-kernel-tests:
  Triaged
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in systemd source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in linux source package in Cosmic:

  As systemd limits the number of processes, this test will fail because
  it can't fork enough processes. That is limited to when the test is
  run after logging as user 1000, then running sudo. I guess that
  logging as root may not cause this to happen.

  # ./testcases/bin/msgstress03
  Fork failed (may be OK if under stress)
  Fork failed (may be OK if under stress)
  msgstress03    1  TFAIL  :  msgstress03.c:157:  Fork failed (may be OK if
under stress)
  #