Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers-435 (Ubuntu)

  nvidia-435 is in eoan, linux-restricted-modules only builds against
  430, ubiquity gives me the self-signed modules experience instead of
  using the Canonical-signed modules

Status in linux-restricted-modules package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-435 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in linux source package in Eoan:
  In Progress
Status in linux-restricted-modules source package in Eoan:
  In Progress
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-435 source package in Eoan:
  Confirmed
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common source package in Eoan:

  The linux-restricted-modules package exists so that users who install
  the nvidia drivers can get known-good, signed modules instead of
  having to locally self-sign and enroll a signing key through MOK.  But
  lrm in eoan is only building driver packages for nvidia 390 and 430,
  and nvidia 435 is present in eoan.

  So on a new Ubuntu 19.10 install, ubuntu-drivers is picking 435 as the
  newest driver instead of using the signed 430 driver.

  We should never allow the archive to get into this situation.  We
  should be enforcing that any version of the nvidia driver that we
  expect ubuntu-drivers to install by default on any hardware is
  integrated into linux-restricted-modules, and we should ensure that
  ubuntu-drivers always prefers the signed drivers over other options.