@Norbert

The "deep" mem_sleep approach works for me. I also downgraded to
vanialla 19.10 kernel before trying this. Not sure if it also works with
5.4 kernel. Will try this weekend.

Earlier I was making a mistake in writing "deep" into mem_sleep. Just
sudo echo deep > /sys/power/mem_sleep does not work. I had to get a
superuser shell by "sudo su" first and then do the rest. After
correcting this, the laptop works perfectly and I am super happy with
this sweet machine.

WIll also try the 5.5rc1 kernel this weekend & report back.

  Freeze on suspend (Acer SF314-57)

  I freshly installed Ubuntu Budgie 19.10 today after receiving my new
  notebook. However, when putting the system to suspend (or hibernate),
  the screen goes off and the system freezes. The fan keeps running,
  keyboard backlight and power led are on. Sometimes, when pressing a
  button, I can get the screen to turn back on, but its frozen as well
  (no mouse movement, clock stuck etc.)

  So far I tried increasing the swap file size, however this did not
  help. I also livebooted Ubuntu 19.10 and tried suspend, but I had the
  same issue.

  Could this be a problem of my fairly new chipset (Intel i7 1065G7)?
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8.2
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  norbert    1508 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   norbert    1508 F...m pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: Budgie:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Budgie 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64
(20191017)
  MachineType: Acer Swift SF314-57
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcFB: 0 i915drmfb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-5.3.0-23-generic
root=/dev/mapper/vgubuntu--budgie-root ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-5.3.0-23-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-5.3.0-23-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                            1.183.2
  Tags:  eoan
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 09/05/2019
  dmi.bios.vendor: Insyde Corp.
  dmi.bios.version: V1.07
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Type2 - Board Asset Tag
  dmi.board.name: Floris_IL
  dmi.board.vendor: IL
  dmi.board.version: V1.07
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Acer
  dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnInsydeCorp.:bvrV1.07:bd09/05/2019:svnAcer:pnSwiftSF314-57:pvrV1.07:rvnIL:rnFloris_IL:rvrV1.07:cvnAcer:ct10:cvrChassisVersion:
  dmi.product.family: Swift 3
  dmi.product.name: Swift SF314-57
  dmi.product.sku: 0000000000000000
  dmi.product.version: V1.07