Public bug reported:

Оn my Raspberry Pi 4 4GB version the sound constantly disappears when I
connect the computer to my Samsung plasma TV using the hdmi output. This
works great with an analog 3.5 jack and hdmi-vga adapter, but I can’t
set up stable sound with a "clean" hdmi connection. I tried with
different hdmi cables that work great with a desktop PC and other
equipment and it seems like a software problem. Used operating system
Ubuntu server 19.10.1 aarch64. I try removed pulseaudio and the sound
works fine through alsa on hdmi

** Affects: linux-raspi2 (Ubuntu)

** Tags: eoan

** Changed in: linux-raspi2 (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Rocinante (olevenets2)

** Changed in: linux-raspi2 (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: eoan

** Description changed:

  Оn my Raspberry Pi 4 4GB version the sound constantly disappears when I
- connect the computer to my Samsung plasma TV using the hdmi output :?
- This works great with an analog 3.5 jack and hdmi-vga adapter, but I
- can’t set up stable sound with a "clean" hdmi connection. I tried with
+ connect the computer to my Samsung plasma TV using the hdmi output. This
+ works great with an analog 3.5 jack and hdmi-vga adapter, but I can’t
+ set up stable sound with a "clean" hdmi connection. I tried with
  different hdmi cables that work great with a desktop PC and other
  equipment and it seems like a software problem. Used operating system
- Ubuntu server 19.10.1 aarch64. I removed pulseaudio and the sound works
- fine through alsa on hdmi
+ Ubuntu server 19.10.1 aarch64. I try removed pulseaudio and the sound
+ works fine through alsa on hdmi

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-raspi2 in Ubuntu.

  PulseAudio sound disappears on hdmi via stereo output

Status in linux-raspi2 package in Ubuntu: