** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Eoan)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem in Ubuntu.

  The system cannot resume from S3 if user unplugs the TB16 during
  suspend state

Status in HWE Next:
Status in linux-oem package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-oem-osp1 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-oem source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-oem-osp1 source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Eoan:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Focal:

  Unplug TBT dock during S3 and then wakes up the system leads to system hangs.
  This not only happens on Dell TB16, but also Dell WD19TB. It's more like a
BIOS or TBT firmware issue that TBT firmware doesn't re-create the PCIe tunnels.

  [Fix]
  Mika provides 4 patches to fix this issue, but only 2 are accepted and are
included in linus' tree. We need especially the 4th commit to fix the issue, so
we keep the 3rd and 4th commits as sauce patches.

  [Test]
  Verified on Dell Precision 5530 + WD19TB

  [Regression Potential]
  Low, those patches doesn't change the code path much. The 4th commit adds
some checks to return failure state, and it should be safe for those machines
which is working well.