Public bug reported:

My touchpad stopped to work unexpectedly. I don't understand, the cause of
problem. Yesterday touchpad workes well, today I turned on my laptop, and
touchpad not working. Maybe the problem did apperes after I upgrade to kernel
4.15.0-74-generic, but it was upgraded two days ago.
1. My laptop model: HP Probook 450 G3
2. Manufacturer of touchpad - Synaptic, I don't know exact model

Touchpad doesn't work in ubuntu live cd too. But it works in bios uefi
and in windows installation cd.

xinput doesn't return information about touchpad
```
xinput
⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ A4TECH USB Device                         id=9    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ A4TECH USB Device                         id=15   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                              id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus                                 id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button                              id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HP HD Camera: HP HD Camera                id=11   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Raw Set 2 keyboard                     id=12   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HP WMI hotkeys                            id=13   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HP Wireless hotkeys                       id=14   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ A4TECH USB Device                         id=10   [slave  keyboard (3)]

```
I tried to set kernel options
```
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash i8042.nomux=1 i8042.reset"

```
it didn't helped to me

In attachments
```
cat /proc/bus/input/devices
dmesg
```
```

** Tags: touchpad

** Attachment added: "devices"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1859028/+attachment/5318867/+files/devices

  Touchpad not working after kernel upgrade