I've enable proposed following guidance from
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed and tested the kernel 5.3.0-28
(kernel 5.3.0-29 isn't available from that channel).
I confirm Nvidia driver is break by kernel 5.3.0-28 (as much as kernel
5.3.0-26).

  Linux kernel 5.3.0-26 breaks nvidia driver

  Upon installation of kernel update 5.3.0.26.95, after a reboot,
  Second screen would not come on and nvidia control panel was missing majority
of options
  Graphics driver settings could not be changed and upon reinstallation attempt
of nvidia driver 390, installation failed and drivers became corrupted. Ended
up reinstalling OS, but discovered later that booting in an older kernel fixed
the issue.

  VERSION.LOG:

  Ubuntu 5.0.0-32.34~18.04.2-generic 5.0.21

  Release:

  Release:      19.3