The Ubuntu-3.13.0-0.15 kernel has been copied into the bootstrap archive
and should be available for update. This kernel is based on the
v3.13-rc7 kernel.  If we could retest with that kernel that would help.
Please report any testing here.

  error sda: WRITE SAME failed when installing package

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  ==========
  Was installing perl packages using apt-get install command. I saw WRITE SAME
failed displayed during the process.

  Command used : apt-get install perl*
  on my Ubuntu guest to install all perl packages.

  I saw the message as below
  .
  .
  .
  .
  Setting up perlindex (1.606-1) ...
  Generating index (this may take a while)...sda: WRITE SAME failed. Manually
zeroing.
   done.

  it took few seconds to complete  and later on the process continued.

  Environment:
  ============

  Host: Power8
  Guest : ubuntu hosted on Power8

  used below qemu command :

  [root@localhost ubuntu_alpha1]# cat kvmg.p8.h
  KERNEL=trusty-server-cloudimg-ppc64el-vmlinuz-generic
  #FSIMAGE=trusty-server-cloudimg-ppc64el.img
  FSIMAGE=trusty-server-cloudimg-ppc64el.img.qcow2
  MEM=8G
  qemu-system-ppc64 \
          -enable-kvm -M pseries -cpu POWER8 -smp cores=4,threads=1 -m $MEM \
          -net nic -net user \
          -device spapr-vscsi -drive file=$FSIMAGE \
          -kernel $KERNEL \
          -append "earlyprintk root=/dev/sda console=hvc0 --no-sessions" \
          -nographic