Patch posted to the kernel-team list. Thanks for reporting it!

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2020-March/108017.html

  CONFIG_IP_MROUTE_MULTIPLE_TABLES is not set

Status in linux source package in Focal:

  Hi,

  I was trying to run SMCRoute with multiple routing tables, but the
  kernel images for Focal do not have CONFIG_IP_MROUTE_MULTIPLE_TABLES
  enable.  Since the IPv6 multiple tables setting is enabled, I think
  this might be an oversight.

  CONFIG_IP_MROUTE_COMMON=y
  CONFIG_IP_MROUTE=y
  # CONFIG_IP_MROUTE_MULTIPLE_TABLES is not set
  CONFIG_IPV6_MROUTE=y
  CONFIG_IPV6_MROUTE_MULTIPLE_TABLES=y

  Best regards
   /Joachim - maintainer of SMCRoute