@Andrew, cp210x is the kernel driver for such devices. Please file a new
bug and attach `lsusb -v -v -v` info if you still unable activate it.

  CP210x not support CP2104 device

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I am trying to use CP2104 (Silicon Labs), which should be support by CP210X
driver and I am not able to get good baud rate or even to modify it. Bit time
40nS which means really high speed. Using Ubuntu kernel driver for it.
  Is the kernel driver supposed to handle CP2104? May I have access to kernel
CP210x driver so that I would "modify" it to support CP2104?
  What are the steps to reconfigure (re-compile) the driver?

  Thanks
  Nuno