** Description changed:

- this is for tracking purpose
+ This patchset will add support of mst audio for nvidia hdmi/dp, this
+ patchset changes lots of common code on hda_jack and hdmi codec, so it
+ is not easy to say it is 100% safe for other machines, but our oem
+ project needs this patchset to be backported to ubuntu kernel, because
+ the tight sechdule of oem project, we backport this patchset to B and
+ OEM-B first, if the hdmi audio works well for a period of time after
+ this patchset is merged, I will backport this patchset to focal, maybe
+ eoan as well.
+
+ [Impact]
+ On some LENOVO I+N machines, when setting the graphic mode to discrete,
+ The dp/hdmi audio on the Docking Gen2 can't work with this machine +
+ LENOVO Docking Gen2
+
+ [Fix]
+ Nvidia developer submit the mst audio support to 5.5-rcN and 5.6-RC1,
+ those patches could fix this issue.
+
+ [Test Case]
+ set the machien to discrete, plug the dock gen2 to it, then boot, after
+ booting, plug hdmi or dp to dock gen2, the hdmi or dp audio works.
+
+ test other machines without Nvidia graphic or without gen2, their hdmi/dp
+ audio still work.
+
+
+ [Regression Risk]
+ Low, those patches come from mainline kernel, I have tested those patches
+ on the machiens with or without nvidia hdmi, and on the machines with or
without
+ docks, all worked well as before.

  alsa/hdmi: support nvidia mst hdmi/dp audio

Status in HWE Next: