** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
Status: Confirmed => Fix Released
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1867684
Title:
Wifi fails to work with newer kernels
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Fix Released
Bug description:
When I boot Ubuntu normally with the most recent kernel image WiFi will not
work, I will get this message, Network activation error,so I boot up Ubuntu to
other generic kernels, 5.4.0-18 and 5.4.0-18-generic and I still receive the
same message, finally I boot to kernel 5.2.0-15-generic and the WiFi works
perfectly fine!
see also bug #1867797 for info of when i booted into the 5.4.0 kernels
Description: Ubuntu Focal Fossa (development branch)
Release: 20.04
---
ProblemType: Bug
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu20
Architecture: amd64
AudioDevicesInUse:
USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/controlC1: administrator 1740 F.... pulseaudio
/dev/snd/controlC0: administrator 1740 F.... pulseaudio
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 20.04
InstallationDate: Installed on 2019-06-05 (285 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Alpha amd64 (20190605)
MachineType: HP HP Notebook
Package: linux (not installed)
ProcEnviron:
TERM=xterm-256color
PATH=(custom, no user)
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SHELL=/bin/bash
ProcFB: 0 radeondrmfb
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.2.0-15-generic
root=/dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-root ro quiet splash crashkernel=512M-:192M
vt.handoff=7
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.2.0-15.16-generic 5.2.9
RelatedPackageVersions:
linux-restricted-modules-5.2.0-15-generic N/A
linux-backports-modules-5.2.0-15-generic N/A
linux-firmware 1.186
RfKill:
0: phy0: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: no
Tags: focal
Uname: Linux 5.2.0-15-generic x86_64
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
_MarkForUpload: True
dmi.bios.date: 06/15/2017
dmi.bios.vendor: Insyde
dmi.bios.version: F.24
dmi.board.asset.tag: Type2 - Board Asset Tag
dmi.board.name: 82F6
dmi.board.vendor: HP
dmi.board.version: 40.41
dmi.chassis.type: 10
dmi.chassis.vendor: HP
dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnInsyde:bvrF.24:bd06/15/2017:svnHP:pnHPNotebook:pvrType1ProductConfigId:rvnHP:rn82F6:rvr40.41:cvnHP:ct10:cvrChassisVersion:
dmi.product.family: 103C_5335KV G=N L=CON B=HP
dmi.product.name: HP Notebook
dmi.product.sku: X7T78UA#ABA
dmi.product.version: Type1ProductConfigId
dmi.sys.vendor: HP
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1867684/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp