rtat.net

** Changed in: linux-gcp (Ubuntu Bionic)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Roufique Hossain (roufique)

  CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_IPC=m is missing in the custom rolling kernels

Status in linux-azure package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in linux-gcp package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Incomplete
Status in linux-azure source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in linux-gcp source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Disco:
  Incomplete
Status in linux-azure source package in Disco:
  New
Status in linux-gcp source package in Disco:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Eoan:
  Incomplete
Status in linux-azure source package in Eoan:
  New
Status in linux-gcp source package in Eoan:

  The rolling GCP kernel for bionic is missing
  CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_IPC=m which is enabled in the standard Ubuntu
  kernel since 19.04 and available through the HWE kernels in Bionic.

  As we require CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_IPC=m for a not released product
  in our kernels it would be great if we can import the relevant config
  changes to the GCP kernel (haven't yet checked our other cloud
  kernels).

  All relevant changes from Christian Brauner to enable binder in the
  Ubuntu kernel are present in the GCP kernel (see
  https://git.launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel/ubuntu/+source/linux-
  gcp/+git/bionic/log/?h=gcp-edge&qt=grep&q=brauner).

  See https://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/ubuntu-

bionic.git/commit/debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu?h=hwe&id=a758aeb0bb0f52ccbee99f850709c57711753b33
  and https://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/ubuntu-

bionic.git/commit/debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu?h=hwe&id=4b44b695fb5ee2f405d0ad4eda2fc2cad856414c
  for the relevant config changes in the Ubuntu kernel from Seth.