------- Comment From niklas.schne...@ibm.com 2020-04-22 10:46 EDT-------
It's not upstream yet, the commit just hit our public tree at

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux.git/commit/?h=fixes&id=86dbf32da150339ca81509fa2eb84c814b55258b

It will be sent with the s390 fixes pull for v5.7-rc3.
I will check if applies cleanly to focal master-next.

  [UBUNTU 20.04] Performance floating interrupt

Status in Ubuntu on IBM z Systems:

  With the introduction of CPU directed interrupts the kernel parameter
pci=force_floating was introduced to fall back to the previous behavior using
floating irqs.
  Furthermore this fallback is used on machines lacking support for directed
interrupts.

  However we were still setting the affinity in that case, both in
  __irq_alloc_descs() and via the irq_set_affinity callback in struct
  irq_chip.

  This setting of the affinity leads to a performance regression in
  streaming workloads which can be seen with e.g. by an iperf streaming
  test between two LPARs using ConnectX-5 based nics.

  In some tests the performance would drop to 20% of the performance
  with older kernels.