I tried booting in normal mode but with "nosplash debug" options, and it
froze with lots of these messages:

nouveau 0000:01:00.0: fifo: runlist 0 update timeout
nouveau 0000:01:00.0: tmr: stalled at ffffffffffffffff

So it seems the freeze is caused by nouveau (the laptop has a NVIDIA
GeForce GTX 1050).

   Unable to boot 20.04 LTS  installer on Dell XPS 15 9560

  I try to install the stable released Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (20.04 LTS) on
  Dell XPS 15 9560 using USB stick. The system power off at  6% of Check
  Disk. Also if I jump the check Disk system power off. The same USB
  disk work on a older Dell Latitude.