This issue has sat incomplete for more than 60 days now. I'm going to
close it as invalid. Please feel free re-open if this is still an issue
for you. Thank you.

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to dkms in Ubuntu.

  dmks fails building module as of missing dependency

Status in Linux Lowlatency kernel (for fun):
  New
Status in apport package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in dkms package in Ubuntu:

  During building of "fglrx-12.6"-package the package-installation fails in
dkms-stage.
  A python-traceback is given:

  fglrx (2:8.970-0ubuntu1) wird eingerichtet ...
  update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
  Building only for 3.8.0-0-generic
  Building for architecture i686
  Building initial module for 3.8.0-0-generic
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/apport/package-hooks/dkms_packages.py", line 22, in
<module>
      import apport
  ImportError: No module named apport
  Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 3.8.0-0-generic (i686)
  Consult /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.970/build/make.log for more information.
  update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)

  After installing the "python-apport" package this issue was fixed. On
  my system the "python3-apport" was already installed, but seems not to
  include the missing python-code.

  Package: dkms 2.2.0.3-1.1ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-0.3-generic 3.8.0-rc3
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-0-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.8-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386