there are some known nvidia/hdmi issue with the current kernel,
reassigning

** Package changed: pulseaudio (Ubuntu) => linux (Ubuntu)

  Audio device not reachable after wake up

  Ubuntu 20.04, Gnome shell
  On older Ubuntu releases (<= 19.10), all is working fine.

  After waking up from suspend mode when I play music or a video, the
  system changed playing sound at my monitor speakers, detected as „card
  2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]“.

  Here is the full list:
  $ LANG=C aplay -l
  card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC892 Digital [ALC892 Digital]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

  I can only choose the HDMI device in gnome-control-center or pavucontrol. The
other devices are gone, why what ever.
  When I restart the pulseaudio process, all devices will come back:
  $ sudo killall -9 pulseaudio # (many times, because pa restarts itself)
  $ /usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no --log-target=journal
  ^Z
  [1]+  Angehalten              /usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no
--log-target=journal
  $ bg 1

  This behavior is new in 20.04.

  Before I establish the behavior of pulseaudio, I logged off and on
  again and all devices are shown.