This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1878574

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  very slow boot with new kernel 5.3.0-51

  I already reported the but using "ubuntu-bug linux" but could see
  nowhere to tell you what the problem actually was. In summary it is
  relatively new system, 18.04.4LTS 64bit and Maté 1.20.1 dual-booting
  with Windows 10 v.1909, built on a Gigabyte Aorus B450M mainboard,
  Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics × 8, Kingston A2000 M2 main
  drive and a supplementary 4TB data drive. A wired connexion to BT Hub
  6 via BT Powerline is used and gives no trouble on any other system.

  The system started with kernel 5.3.0-46 generic and was fine for a few
  months, booting in a few seconds. A couple of days ago the kernel
  upgraded itself to 5.3.0-51 generic and boot immediately became a
  minute or more.

  Reverting to kernel 5.3.0-46 generic restores the fast boot time.

  I can continue like this for a while but my main fear is that when the
  LTS update to 20.04 arrives the new kernel will contain the bug and
  reversion to 5.3.0-46 will no longer be possible.

  I attach several files, tarred because you do not seem to provide the
  facility to attach more then one file.  There are a copy of the
  current fstab, the output of hwinfo (taken with kernel v.51) and for
  each of the two kernels the data asked for on the Ubuntu website.