This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1880334

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Cloud-init causes potentially huge boot delays with 4.15 kernels Edit

  portion of bug report for bionic:

  Newer 4.15 kernels contain the following fix for CVE-2018-1108:
    43838a23a05fb ("random: fix crng_ready() test")

  This causes cloud-init to stall for a potentially long time during
  boot (waiting for entropy I presume). Google reported boot delays of
  75 minutes.

  I've tracked this down to the following import in templater.py which causes
the delay:
      from jinja2 import Template as JTemplate

  Which is called when cc_update_etc_hosts is imported.

  NOTE: I'm experiencing this with focal repeatedly - just hangs
  forever!

  ubunutu 20.04 server - live