@Jean, please just install linux-modules-extra-5.4.0-37-generic. I'm
marking this as INVALID for linux-modules-extra is necessary to enable
this device, so it's the right solution for this problem. Meta package
"linux-generic" or similar would always depending on it, so you should
also install "linux-generic" to prevent this from happening again.

@Philipp, please file a separate bug for external monitor detection.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Kernel modules missing in 5.4.0-37

  I recently updated my Ubuntu 20.04 to the latest kernel (5.4.0-37) but
  upon reboot my Dell XPS lost a few peripherals, like the wifi, and the
  possibility to use the Dell WD-15 docking station for LAN or external
  monitors; USB hub functionality was working though.

  After some inspection, I've found that several kernel modules are
  missing for that specific kernel version:

  $ find /usr/lib/modules -iname ath10k
  /usr/lib/modules/5.4.0-28-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k
  /usr/lib/modules/5.4.0-31-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k
  /usr/lib/modules/5.4.0-33-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k

  And lspci shows the wireless card twice (one more time at the top) and that
the following modules and drivers are not loaded for the proper devices:
   - i915
   - processor_thermal_device
   - intel_pch_thermal
   - intel_lpss_pci
   - mei_me
   - snd_hda_intel
   - nouveau (but not the nvidia, which I'm using)
   - ath10k_pci
   - rtsx_pci

  Restarting with the previous kernel version (5.4.0-33) works without
  any issue.

  I'll attach both lspci outputs, but you can easily review the diff
  here: https://www.diffchecker.com/mVCbTzSL