** Description changed:

+ UPDATE:
+ linux-image-5.4.0-39-generic Works OK
+ ==========
+ Original report:
  linux-image-5.4.0-33-generic Works OK
  linux-image-5.4.0-37-generic Freezes when leaving idle for some time.

  Ubuntu 20.04LTS 64 bits. Fully updated.

  Hardware:
  AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
  32GB RAM (two sticks: Part number KHX2666C16/16G)
  Asus PRIME A320M-K - latest BIOS installed
  AMD Radeon R9 390X 8GB
  NVMe SSD 512GB (I don't recall the brand)

  Tried AMDGPU and RADEON drivers for the video card. The issue persists.

  I was not able to find any logs nor kernel panics on the usual log
  files. Booting the older kernel makes the machine work perfectly stable
  as before.

  Most of the time I come back to a black screen. Other times is partially
  dimmed, like when entering into power save mode, when the screensaver
  kicks in to shut down the monitor.

  WORKAROUND:
  Disabling the ability to shut down the monitor "fixes" the problem.

  In the xscreensaver settings I disabled quick power-off and also
  disabled power management, so it never tries to power off the monitor.
  Now the system is stable again.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-signed in Ubuntu.

  linux-image-5.4.0-37-generic freezes on idle. linux-
  image-5.4.0-33-generic works fine.

Status in linux-signed package in Ubuntu: