I should mention - this affects Ubuntu 20.04 (and previous versions).
The patch was introduced in Linux 5.6-rc1, as far as I can tell. I can
pull uname and other things after work, but I wanted to at least get the
bug report in. I don't think patching versions below 20.04 is really
necessary, as the nature of this hardware is such that older kernels
don't have support for other parts of the board that users would like to
use.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-meta in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1885563

Title:
  Front panel audio doesn't work on Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master

Status in linux-meta package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  The DAC is weird on this board and needs a quirk applied for audio to be
routed correctly. Please see https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/2/23/22 and linked
bugzilla for more details. This also affects some other Gigabyte X570 boards,
but I couldn't tell you exactly which. A quick search in torvalds/linux yields
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/0d45e86d2267d5bdf7bbb631499788da1c27ceb2
 and

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/d9e8fe0cffbfdd18de96fa68ee2a8b667a0b046e.

  Expected behavior: Plugging headphones into front panel audio ports
  and selecting those as the output device results in working audio.

  Actual behavior: Device is detected, but no sound is actually played.