Verify pass on Inspiron 7591.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  linux-firmware: missing sof-cfl.ri symbol link for Bionic and Eoan

Status in OEM Priority Project:
  New
Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-firmware source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-firmware source package in Eoan:

  some ubuntu eoan/bionic users reported that the audio driver failed
  to initialize, then the audio didn't work. I checked the dmesg, found
  the sof driver planed to load sof-cfl.ri, but there is no this
  firmware under eoan or bionic.

  [Fix]
  I consulted with Intel audio team, they told me that the coffeelake
  platform could share the firmware with cnl/whl platoforms, so we could
  build a symbol link sof-cfl->sof-cnl.

  [Test Case]
  A couple of ubuntu users already tested it on Dell and Asus coffeelake
  laptops, it worked well.

  [Regression Risk]
  Low, users already tested it, and Intel audio team confirmed it is safe.