It turns out the MOK key installed previously was removed during a BIOS
update. Upon the next kernel update from Ubuntu I was prompted to
install the MOK key, after which OpenCL works even when kernel lockdown
is enabled.

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers-440 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-440 in Ubuntu.

  OpenCL doesn't work when kernel lockdown enabled

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-440 package in Ubuntu:

  When booting with secure boot and kernel lockdown is enabled, OpenCL
  is unable to use my GPU (GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER). Running "clinfo"
  shows "Number of platforms   0". If I disable secure boot in my UEFI
  settings, clinfo shows the details of my GPU as expected.

  Package: libnvidia-compute-440 440.100-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.3
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Jul 11 12:08:09 2020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200423)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: nvidia-graphics-drivers-440