ZFS now comes pre-built for arm64 with kernel linux-raspi 5.4.0-1015.15
which is in -updates.

** Changed in: zfs-linux (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: linux-raspi (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: zfs-linux (Ubuntu Focal)

** Also affects: linux-raspi (Ubuntu Focal)

** No longer affects: zfs-linux (Ubuntu Focal)

** Changed in: linux-raspi (Ubuntu Focal)

** Changed in: linux-raspi (Ubuntu)

   Enable ZFS for Raspberry Pi arm64

Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.

  ZFS installation on Raspberry Pi is problematic

Status in linux-raspi package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux-raspi source package in Focal:

  Version: Ubuntu Server 20.04 - preinstalled 64-bit image for Raspberry
  Pi.

  ZFS on the Pi under 20.04 is currently a bit problematic. Upon issuing
  the command 'zpool status', I'm helpfully directed to install
  zfsutils-linux. When I do this, it complains that it cannot find the
  ZFS module, then errors out. Worse than that, the zfsutils-linux
  package does not depend on the zfs-dkms package, so it doesn't attempt
  to build the ZFS kernel modules automatically.

  The workaround is to install zfs-dkms, which builds the required
  kernel modules. (Once this has been done, the usual errors when
  installing the zfsutils-linux package, caused by there being no ZFS
  pools on the system, can be worked around by creating a zpool, then
  rerunning 'sudo apt install zfsutils-linux', as with previous versions
  of Ubuntu and Debian).

  I have not tested on other hardware platforms - this problem may also
  exist on other platforms where the user has not selected to install to
  ZFS.

  I have selected 'zfsutils' as the affected package, which is not the
  name of an actual current package, since launchpad won't let me submit
  the bug without selecting a package, however it's not clear to me that
  the problem is caused by that package.